Pandemic preparedness and response - Introduction
Pandemic preparedness and response – introduction training course is intended to help participants understand and become familiar with the basic concepts with regard to pandemics and find out how to prepare for and respond to a global pandemic.
The second section of the training course discusses pandemics and their impacts, providing information on infectious diseases and pandemics, introducing the common terms related to pandemics, and mentioning the potential impacts of a pandemic. The next three sections, deemed as the crux of the training course, are:
(1) Preparing for a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on how to prepare for a pandemic situation as an organization and the measures that should be taken to minimize the impact on the organization’s operations;
(2) Responding to a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on how to respond to a pandemic, such as activating a pandemic emergency plan, working from home, and social distancing;
(3) Communicating during a pandemic, wherein participants gain knowledge on the purpose of communication, including with whom to communicate, what to communicate, where to communicate, what means to use for communicating, and who is responsible to communicate.
Pandemic preparedness and response – introduction training course is based on the good practices commonly used in ISO standards and guidelines provided by several local and international organizations.
The training course prepared by PECB contains almost 100 pages of good practices, guidelines, practical examples and quizzes.
- Business continuity managers
- Members of business continuity teams
- Crisis response team leaders and members
- Owners of small- and medium sized enterprises (SMEs)
- Individuals seeking to ensure the continuity of essential processes in an organization during a pandemic
- Owners, managers, and leaders seeking to ensure the safety and well-being of their employees
- Get acquainted with the main concepts of pandemic preparedness and response
- Understand the basic elements of a business continuity plan and how to respond to pandemics
- Training course objectives and structure
- Pandemics and their impacts
- Preparing for a pandemic
- Responding to a pandemic
- Communicating during a pandemic
- Closing of the training course